Pages

Two Moms and a Pushcart

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

We interupt this Tuesday for Menu Monday!!

So I know we normally post our menus on Monday but I have been sick and well here in lovely Massachusetts it is also February vacation week for the kiddies from school .I was still working on my meal plan as I headed to the store yesterday. I did get my list made and stuck to it for the most part . I did put several...okay alot of "extras"in my shopping cart but I still managed to do pretty good overall with the amount I spent. 


Menu 2/20-2/26
Monday- Oven baked Tacos, spanish rice  (These were a huge hit with my family) Thank you Pinterest once again!!

Oven Tacos

  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 can refried beans
  • 8 ounce tomato sauce
  • 1 pkg taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning
  • 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
  • 18-20 hard taco shells
  • lettuce, salsa, sour cream, etc for serving.
  1. Brown ground beef. Drain off any fat and add refried beans, tomato sauce, and seasoning.
  2. Spoon mixture into taco shells.
  3. Place filled shells into a 9×13 pan, standing up. Sprinkle with cheese.
  4. Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
  5. Enjoy!

Note: For those of you with a smaller family you may want to half this recipe. You could also easily stretch this for a larger group and get a few more tacos out of it by adding extra beans.

Tuesday- Creamy Italian chicken, egg noodles, salad
Wednesday- Kidgit night at the Mall for Isabella and myself . The hubby will have leftovers
Thursday- Chicken Stroganoff, white rice
Friday- Dinner at Gretchens . I will be making Ooey gooey butter cakes ala Paula Deen..YUMMO!!
Saturday night-Cowboy steaks, mashed potatoes and corn
Sunday- Spaghetti with meat sauce , salad and garlic bread


No comments:

Post a Comment