Pages

Two Moms and a Pushcart

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Banana Bread Randoms!!



Today has been a nice relaxing day. The house is clean, laundry is folded and put away, dinner is cooked and I even manged to bake the hubby some banana bread. He asked for some more today on his way to work and I know he did not think I would make it today but it is sitting on the kitchen counter cooling as I type. Its the little things we do to make our family happy and as a bonus it will be really good with my coffee in the morning;)
Gretchen linked up for a recipe blog today so I thought I would include the recipe. It is  my favorite (and the hubs) recipe. I like for its simplicity .

Banana Bread
makes 1 loaf 
Preheat oven to 350
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 cups baking mix
1 cup very ripe banana
*choice of nuts, choc chips, coconut

 Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.  Cream sugar and shortening. Add remaining ingredients. Mix until blended. Pour into loaf pan and bake55 minutes. Cool slightly in pan before removing. I usually leave the nuts out in mine and add mini chocolate chips. Today I added coconut as well . Enjoy

And now for the RANDOM part of the post

 "Momma can I get a kiss and a hug, I love you and Daddy" ........thats all it takes  to melt this momma's heart. Isabella has cracked the code. She knows that I will stop whatever it is I'm doing and give her a kiss and a hug. Tonight it got her ice cream for dessert before she really finished her dinner...now I am not a "clean plate" type of Momma but I do require her to eat what I think is a good amount before she gets dessert . Right after telling her three more bites she said it  and next thing I knew I was dishing up dessert!!! Good thing she is cute:) Think I have SUCKER written all over my face!! I am hoping that I am not the only parent this happens to. And before you call me a sucker G ...Nelson has you pegged too!!!! 



So tonight is ending with reading some more of The Hunger Games on my new Kindle that the hubby bought for me. It really is so nice to be able to download books anytime I want . G, have you started it yet??

Okay enough with all the randomness I'm calling it a night....enjoy yours !!

1 comment: