Pages

Two Moms and a Pushcart

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Spaghetti Picnic

Tonight as I was cooking dinner Isabella came in and asked "Momma, will you play with me ?" I responded with  "In a little bit , Momma needs to finish cooking and put away laundry". She did not get upset but just responded with "okay" and went about playing as though it didn't matter. As I went about cooking I started thinking about all the things that need to get done that really CAN wait until later but what won't wait is my little girl growing up. She is 4 and while she may not be getting ready for college she is growing up and I want to enjoy every moment of being her Momma. So with that I cleared the coffee table put down a blanket,lit a small candle, set our plates , put in Ratatouille and just a regular Wednesday dinner became a "Spaghetti Picnic". Isabella was over the moon happy and excited.  

Is there laundry on my couch waiting to be hung up in the closets....YES(see it on the couch...hehe) and thats OKAY!! Tonight I was able to make my little girl happy and not worry about all the "to -do's" I will have all the time in the world to get the laundry done or sweep the kitchen but having Isabella be 4 will only happen now, in this moment. I will admit that sometimes I go overboard with PLANNING and need to remind myself to just enjoy the moment.Tonight was one of those moments . It did not cost me a thing, dinner had to be cooked as usual but to Isabella it was as she put it "SOOO COOL". I think she gave me about 10 million kisses and thank you's .I love this time in my life and would not trade it for anything. Everyday there will be something that needs to be done but only one thing HAS to be done and thats LIVING. I hope to have alot more of these moments with my family. Tonight was simple and perfect. 
Enjoy the "Sweet" moments !!  Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment