Pages

Two Moms and a Pushcart

Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Monday

First things first....the Patriots are going to the SUPERBOWL and living in New England where there are so many die hard fans that it would not have been a good week if they lost.....Not saying any names! (Gretchen,Gretchen, Gretchen) I like the Pats and think they have had a great season but my heart will always belong to the Cowgirls..oops I meant Cowboys, sorry but they just need to play well again....love em but respect the game enough to call em on it when they are doing bad.

Menu this week is pretty simple and as a bonus I was able to use alot on hand. I love that I am able to keep a well stocked pantry and freezer without breaking the piggy bank :). And I owe it all to COUPONS!! I'll say it again ...it is alot of work but so worth it in the end.

MENU 1/23-1/29

Monday- Chicken Stew over white rice and salad

Tuesday- Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad and garlic bread

Wednesday-leftovers

Thursday -Brazilian chicken stroganoff

Friday- Dinner at Gretchens, I am making Buckeye brownies

Saturday-grilled ham and cheese and tator tots ...easy night since the hubby will be working late :)

Sunday- Baked Chicken, roasted broccoli and ranch rice

For my new recipe of the week I will be making the Buckeye brownies .

Buckeye Brownies, from Almost Homemade cookbook


19-1/2 oz. pkg. brownie mix 
2 c. powdered sugar 
1/2 c. plus 6 T. butter, softened and divided 
8-oz. jar creamy peanut butter 
6-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips 


Prepare and bake brownie mix in a greased 13"x9"baking pan according to package directions. Let cool. Mix powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter and peanutbutter. Mix well and spread over cooled brownies. Chill for one hour. Melt together chocolate chips and remaining butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Spread over brownies. Let cool; cut into squares. Makes 2 to 3 dozen. 

Happy Menu Planning!!


No comments:

Post a Comment