Dinner tonight is Parmesan Tilapia with ranch rice and green beans. My friend Jennifer gave me this recipe. She is a blogger too, check out her blog @ http://ticket-to-crazytown.blogspot.com/ . Now I am not a fish person, but I LOVE this. LOVE IT. Even the manlet likes this. I hope Kateena will too. Here is the recipe:
1/4 c. parm cheese (grated) I use the kraft in the plastic shaker
2 tbsp. butter softened
1 tbsp. + 1.5 tsp. mayonnaise (if you don't like mayo, don't worry, you won't taste it in the recipe)
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic salt (or garlic powder, but I like the salt personally)
- Mix butter, mayo, and all seasonings in a bowl and set aside.
- Place tilapia fillets vein side up on foil in baking pan (spray foil with cooking spray).
- Broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn fillets and broil for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove fillets from oven & top with parmesan mixture.
- Replace under broiler for 2 minutes or until mixture is browned and fish flakes easily.
Ranch rice is very simple. Just add 3/4 of a ranch packet to the water you add to the rice you are cooking. *note I do not make minute rice. My rice is the old fashion kind, you know the ginormous bags that you see in the lower shelves of the market that weigh 10 tons, yea those.
**edited to add photos.
It was a hit even the kids ate the fish!!!
|Kateena made cinnamon blossoms that literally melt in you mouth.|