Pages

Two Moms and a Pushcart

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Lose Day

It's a good thing I cleaned the house up yesterday because I am going to be very busy dying today after my trip to the gym this AM.  Living up to a training session expectations..... very hard, hell- LIVING after a training session is hard.   Kateena and I go anyway in the wee hours of the morning, because no one wants to be a fatty bridesmaid. We went, worked out, and are patiently awaiting the results.   

I see a glimmer of hope. I have lost 2 pounds this week.  I have been using a site my friend April recommended called "Lose it.com".  It's free and it is very similar to the Weight Watchers online site.  You create a profile, set goals and deadlines, some biological info and it sets up a reasonable timeline for your weight loss based on your calorie allowance.  You log your activity, your food and weight ( I do this just once a week, otherwise I would go nuts) and LoseIt.com takes care of the rest.  I had some success with the WW  online and hopefully this combined with the gym every day will produce some good results.  

I guess the proof is in the pudding, I am down 2 pounds this week.  I know the norm is to lose it very easy in the beginning, so while I am encouraged I remain cautiously optimistic.  Well maybe doggedly  determined is the better phrase.  I simply refuse to be a fat bridesmaid, refuse.  

refuse.   yea. 

2 comments:

  1. what i want to know is how you possibly get yourself up in the "wee hours of the morning"... i go right after work, but i wish i had the motivation to go first thing, that way it's over and done with for the day... anyway... congrats!!! i'm on a weight loss war path myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not easy Xtina, it's not easy. But it gets it out of the way.

    ReplyDelete