Pages

Two Moms and a Pushcart

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What's cooking Wednesday's

What's cooking Wednesday's are a staple of the mom blogosphere and many seem to feature what is for dinner that night, or a baked treat.  I thought I would change it up and feature my new breakfast love.  Baked Egg cups!  Yes, I am well aware that I am late to the party on this one, but this is a case of better late than never.

So I take a piece or two of ham ( some times the deli cuts it paper thin and I like more egg in the cup than out) and fold it neatly into a muffin pan cup.  I think you could also use oven safe mugs, but given the hour I am going the easy and obvious way.  Crack an egg into the ham lined cup, add a half of a wedge of Laughing Cow low fat cheese, small sprinkle of salt, dash of pepper- yes I do some times partake of pepper- and bake @ 350 for about 10-12 minutes.  I keep an eye on mine because while I do want the whites cooked, I like the yolks runny.

What's a What's cooking Wednesday without photo of egg nirvana?  Here you go, before and after shots.



My trainer would love the fact that there are no sugar or carbs in this.  Great for a pre work out breakfast!

I am going to hope Kateena either adds to this post with her dinner or lunch, but if not....

Happy Eating!

Check out our Blog hops as well!

3 comments:

  1. I'm late to the party on this one, too. I REALLY need to try it. It looks yummy and easy. I know my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty cool idea! I'll have to try this out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this looks SO yum! I'm going to try this, and I knkow my daughter will love it too. Thanks for the fun idea
    http://beingmama.com/

    ReplyDelete